Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Cheer

Happy Christmas! I like to think of this day as a wonderful excuse to get together with loved ones and feast! This year it is just my husband and I but that does not mean we won't feast. Last night I made a delectable salmon with beurre blanc. It was so good I neglected to spend any extra minutes to snap a photo. I paired the dish with Louis Jadot Pouilly-Fuisse 2008. This is a French Chardonnay from the Burgundy region. The lemon and other citrus aromas cut through the richness of the salmon and butter sauce. The wine has a slightly nutty flavor (toasted hazelnuts) that helped round out the dish. It was wonderful! Today I will be preparing a decidedly English feast: Beef Wellington, roasted potato and parsnip puree, creamy spinach, and a gingerbread trifle with lemon curd and blackberry preserves. Wine: Domaine du Vieux Lazaret Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2007 and Iron Horse Classic Vintage Brut 2003. I have been looking forward to this meal all week and am excited to share the results with you later. May all your feasts be bountiful and all your wine glasses full!

What's your favorite holiday drink? 

No comments:

Post a Comment