Sunday, July 28, 2013

Let's try this again

I let virtually everything distract me from writing. Usually its work or studying or tv (most common problem). I am finding now that writing is the best way for me to share my love of wine. The last few years have been crazy: i've worked at least 4 different jobs and moved 3 times. The present tense finds me living in the North Bay and working in Napa. I do manage a winebar, which is closer to my dreams, but its within a movie theatre...baby steps I guess. This position makes me realize how much I want to write and educate. I have even started a wine class at work which I plan to blog about here.

Where to begin???
Well like most wine lover's I have been lovin me some rose this summer! The hot Napa days practically scream for it and with so many to try in the market right now its a particularly fun time to try new roses.

2012 Le Galantin Bandol Rose


Lots of mineral aromas: wet stones, scraped slate, sea water
Fresh cut watermelon and sweet grass
Salted watermelon slices on the palate
Light and refreshing yet lingering
Lime salt bite like you find on a margarita glass rim

$18.99 @ Whole Foods


NV Shramsberg Mirabelle Brut Rose


Upon opening a strong aroma of fresh yeasty dough
Like bread rising
Fresh raspberries, jam
Danish
Lively raspberry on the palate
Finish of toasted hazelnuts and croissants

$23.99 @ Safeway

2012 Robert Hall Rose de Robles
2012 Rose De Robles

Ripe strawberries, juicy watermelon, and red cherries
Round and full on the palate with a spicy dry finish
Blend of mostly syrah with grenache, mourvedre, cinsault, and counoise
Fun Rhone ala Robles

$6.99 @ Trader Joe's


Questions? Comments? Recommendations? Send em my way!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment