Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Polenta & Pork & Merlot

For the last few days my husband has been giving me not so subtle hints that I should prepare pork chops over some creamy polenta. Today I finally relented and I am glad I did! The pork was succulent and smothered in a mushroom garlic pan gravy. I seasoned the bone-in chops with herbes de provence which is something I never tried with pork before. My blend included lavender and complimented the rosy pork excellently. Tonight's wine is one of my new favorites, Columbia Crest Grand Estates Merlot 2007. I drank this wine several blog posts ago and it was just as good today. Velvety, smooth, and supple, this wine really is quite a bargain at less than $10 a bottle. The round, rich fruit flavors mingled nicely with the sweet character of pork and the earthy depth of the mushroom sauce.
On a side note....who is as disappointed as me that Tiffany is still kicking around on Top Chef Allstars?!??!! She has sucked this whole season and somehow managed to survive. I just don't get it! Tonight I do understand why Carla got the boot, I mean hello? Don't serve raw pork....ever! I like Carla's personality and spirit though; I just don't think she is cut out to compete on such a high level. Who are you rooting for?
Only two more days at my job! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment