Thursday, November 25, 2010

Tale of the Turkey

As this Thanksgiving day comes to a close, I am taking this time to reflect on all the things in life that I am truly thankful for. I confess this is a little difficult because I am uncomfortably stuffed! Today I was defiantly a glutton and isn't that something to be thankful for? You never know what tomorrow may bring so take in every moment, love without limits, don't be afraid to take chances, and when your glass is full, drink every last drop.

Mumm Napa Brut Rose** Notes of cherry and strawberry; slightly sweet and slightly dry. We drank this one before the turkey and I wish we would have shown more restraint because it would have paired beautifully.

Deeee-lish! Turkey, stuffing with pancetta, mashed sweet potatoes, and spicy sauteed swiss chard

Clos Du Val 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon*** Great wine; not so great with turkey. Some cabs could potentially be a superb match but this one had a little too much spice and not enough fruitiness to pair with the delicate turkey.

No Thanksgiving would be complete without homemade pie. This year I opted for pecan


Hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving! Any pairing success stories??? Send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment