Saturday, November 13, 2010

Whites from Cali

I have never been a huge fan of white wines from California but lately I have been forcing myself out of my comfort zone to try all types of wines. The findings have been fantastic and quite surprising. Here are three I recommend:

Dry Creek Vineyard 2009 Fume Blanc: *** Aromas of citrus peel and pineapple. Crisp clean taste with a juicy finish. Tastes of honeysuckle and citrus. $11.50



Chateau St. Jean Sonoma County Chardonnay 2009: ** Subtle flavors of lemon, cream, and toasted hazelnut make this a smooth, elegant chardonnay. Lingering finish that makes you want more! $14.80


The third recommendation is sans photo but too good to not mention.

Gloria Ferrer 2007 Brut: ****
This sparkler has the higher percentage of pinot noir grapes that I am recently crazy about. The bold fruit flavors of the pinot paired with the creaminess of the chardonnay make for a superb, rich flavor. Flavors like raspberries, pear and vanilla with the yeasty bread-like tang that's a signature of sparkling wines. This is a must buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment